Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Wheel hops. What should I do?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe you should just send Lund an email since he just did this, or maybe visit his web site link to find out what he said abou the install there.

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Airmass header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, Ground Controls and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on a Carbon Fiber diet,RC 310 steriods,and new sticky foot wear of the 555R type

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Energy Suspension Motor mount inserts!

    See pics on my site under modifications.

    The install takes (for the 2 front ones) about 2 hours. The rear I haven't installed yet. You'll need to get the car off the ground, and have some tools. It's not bad with the instructions I have on my site.

    Let me put it this way, I have no more wheel hop.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  3. #3
    Inactive Member redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am taking my third one out. There is too much vibration now with them all in.

    k

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Redline, by third, you mean the back one? Not the left and right?

    I want to buy the Prothane/Energy Suspension motor mount inserts to prevent the motor from excessive movement when shifting hard with my ACT clutch.

    ------------------
    Glacier White 94 del Sol VTEC
    Team Sol member#0014
    Honda-Acura.net Del Sol Forum Moderator
    Support Our Sponsors

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The third one in back must make a TON of difference, cause I can hardly tell with the 2 front ones, at least tell based on noise.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member StopWhiningU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've read some previous posts that installing Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts will help reduce wheel hops. Will these just help REDUCE wheel hops, or will they TOTALLY stop wheel hops? How long does it take to install these? I'm driving a 98 GSR at 6 psi. Thanks

  7. #7
    Inactive Member StopWhiningU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Will these things totally stop wheel hops? Or do they just reduce wheel hops?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kameleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2000
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes they will stop the wheel hopppp

    ------------------

  9. #9
    Inactive Member redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes i mean the rear one. I can get a full body work out with the rear one in.

    k

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The noise hasn't really been that bad at all. Tomarrow I'll put the 3rd one in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •